05 January 2007

The mercury cracked 63 degrees in Boston today, setting a new high temperature for the day. The old record was 62, set in 1993.

The wife and I used to talk about where we'd move down south when we got to retirement age. Now, I don't think we'll need to move, and we'll have to keep the in-laws' house to have a cool place to retreat to in the summer. On the plus side, my brother will be happy with being able to golf 365 days a year.

And for whatever reason, the National Weather Service uses the same system to notify us of the record-setting event that they do to warn of severe weather. Here I was thinking we'd get a January thunderstorm or something.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...