02 February 2007

Book Log 2007 #3: The Quantum Zoo by Marcus Chown

I don't do so well with these books that claim to take a difficult subject and make it easy for regular folks. Unlike the one I read last year on economics, I at least made it all the way through this one. I just can't say I was thrilled, and I'm not sure why. Not sure if the explanations just didn't work for me, or if I was off-put by the quick changes from stuff I knew to stuff I really didn't. I also wasn't happy with the last section of the book, which looks at how all of the previous discussion applies to the universe. It felt a little rushed and not quite complete.

You may do better with it than I did, and if not it's at least not that long.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...