05 February 2007

Not much to say about last night's game and attendant spectacle. It was four hours of perfectly OK entertainment. If I were rating on a 10 point scale, we never got below 5 but only rarely hit 7 or better. About the only point for that (for me, at least) was Devin Hester's opening kickoff return TD, though it's apparently a bad year for that in title-determining football games.

And for those who don't watch for the football, there wasn't much from the ads, either. Lots of ads that gave a chuckle, but nothing outstanding. If pushed to find a favorite, I'd either go with Garmin's "Mapzilla" or the K-Fed ad.

Prince was pretty good, too, though I'm probably not the best person to judge a Prince performance (I'm thinking this might have been the only part of the night that Greg tuned in for, so perhaps he'll comment). I'm also grading against other halftime shows, which gives Prince a pretty good curve to work with.

Even Puppy Bowl seemed a little off this year, for what I saw of it. Perhaps it was the lack of daschunds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There definitely was a wire-haired daschund romping around Puppy Bowl at one point, though I didn't see the whole thing so I don't know how much screen time it actually got. Personally, I heart golden retreiver puppies, so this year's Puppy Bowl was especially fun for me. The two Samoyeds were very cute and fluffy too, plus there was a decent assortment of cute mutt-type puppies and fuzzy terriers.

-- Allyson

Greg said...

I just watched the halftime show on YouTube. Rumors are that Prince needs a hip replacement after 20+ years of dancing around in huge heels, which is why he was mostly stationary. He is probably the best guitarist I've ever seen live (and I did see SR Vaughan), and that was on display. The selections definitely affirmed some rock cred to an audience that, I imagine, had mostly dismissed him as the assless-pants-wearing weirdo.

I was at a bonspiel this weekend and got home at about 3pm absolutely exhausted. So I crashed from about 4-7:30, just missed halftime, puttered around for some food, and ended up watching the 4th quarter.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that Janet Jackson gets raked over the coals when her boobie accidentally pops out, but there's not a peep about Prince and his giant shadow-penis?

The Wife

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...