21 February 2007

Sorry for the lack of posting, but it's mostly been for a lack of postable info (not that it's stopped me before, I suppose). The highlight of the last week was braving the nor'easter to have Valentine's dinner at Terramia, a very nice North End restaurant. Otherwise, it was a lot of sitting tight and waiting for the thaw.

Which leads us to today and Ash Wednesday, wherein I have my annual bout of not knowing what to give up for Lent. I'm going to give cursing another try, and so far it's been OK. We'll see how long that lasts.

I've also been debating whether or not to bring back Lentorama and its saint of the day. I'm leaning against it, given the number of saints with thin back stories. I know that announcement will sadden the three of you who followed along.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count me among the three who will miss Lentorama. I had a similar debate about what to give up this year. I've given up ice cream several times in the past, but shot that down due to the Hoodsie cups in our freezer. Thought about chocolate next, but again, Hoodsie cups. So decided to go with chips, which I have also given up in the past, and of course had to polish off the bag of salt and vinegar chips on our kitchen island that was taunting me.

-- Allyson

Anonymous said...

I haven't read previous Lentoramim, but I would appreciate your interesting take on saints. Of course, I can think of a certain Reverend Doctor Saint, esquire that we could hear about. If I remember correctly, Peter and I decided that since most days already had multiple saints, you should be given a time: 3:15 on Tuesdays.

Alas, at the prodding of Mrs. Godboy, I'm giving up a whole lot of stuff. We're going on the Weight Watchers Core Diet.

Erik

Paul Crowley said...

How about a papal version? Quite a few interesting stories in the middle ages (at least one who had a mistress and fathered a son who later became pope). Maybe not in the spirit of Lent, but there's bound to be some other interesting stories behind our popes through history.

Greg said...

While I'm once again giving up theism for Lent, I second the call for a Popery Potpourri. The Borgias should be good times.

Anonymous said...

And of course, if you can't think of a Pope for a particular day, you can always write about cheese.

-Erik

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...