14 June 2007

Book Log 2007 #21: The Brotherhood of the Holy Shroud by Julia Navarro and Andrew Hurley

This was better written than the usual entry into the religious-themed thriller genre, less formulaic than usual, though with enough secret society, ritual, and people willing to give it all for the truth to keep things from getting too literary. I also thought there was, at times, a clunkiness to the dialog that I'm assuming was from the translation, not having read any of Navarro's other books.

I'd certainly suggest this over the other stuff from the genre I've read, though I do have a vague sense of disappointment about the book. Which I'd be happy to explain if I hadn't actually read the book a month ago.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...