16 February 2010

Lent kicks of tomorrow, which usually sees me do two things around these parts:

1. Solicit ideas for what to give up, and

2. Run the Lentorama, a 40 day posting festival of things Catholic.

This year, I'm doing neither.

I've pretty much determined that I'm going to do what I did last year and give up unnecessary use of escalators and elevators. It's on the minor side, but if nothing else it'll give me a little extra workout. I suppose I'll pair that with not going to the vending machine in the basement of the building where I work, seems like a good pairing.

As for Lentorama, I have no good ideas and didn't even finish last year's edition (so much for Lenten discipline). So I think I'll take a pass this year, unless inspiration strikes in the next 24 hours. Sorry to both of you who were looking forward to that.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...