06 March 2019

 Book Log 2019 #5: The Perfectionists by Simon Winchester

I wasn't looking to read a book about precision engineering - I don't remember what I was looking for - but I'll take whatever happy accident led me to this book. This is one of those rare cases where the enjoyment value came in way over what you'd expect given the subject matter.

It's also a rare case where I can't find something to nitpick. I looked back at the other Winchester books I've read, and I usually either find that the book is too long (gets draggy or feels padded) or I have a gripe with specific points of view or organizing principles. I don't recall having any of these issues with this book. Maybe my complete lack of knowledge on the subject left me open to just enjoying things.


No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...