24 October 2001

Crisis averted.

Saw the doctor, all my problems are relatively simple to deal with. The "mole" that we thought was going south is actually something called a "skin tab" which is pretty much an extra fold/lump of skin. The color change is apparently normal, and they'll bleed pretty easily, which explains the crusty stuff. I did have one fall off a few years ago (also normal), so I should have known better. Still, good to check.

My heel problem is Achilles related, but is more or less nagging and not anything requiring invasive medical treatment. Got a bunch of exercises to do to build it up, so we'll see how that goes.

The one issue I didn't plan on addressing, asthma, did come up. Doctor took a listen, didn't think I sounded all that well, and put me on a new inhaler. Which, come to find out, HMO Blue doesn't cover. Not wanting to drop $53 on it, I'm waiting to see if there's something that is covered that I can go on.

The biggest adventure yesterday was just getting there. Called a local cab company, asked for a 3 PM pickup. The never showed. So I had to scramble to get a co-worker to take me over, and it turns out she thought we were going to their administrative location, not the doctors' building. So I was about 10 minutes late, which meant I got called just after paying for my visit. Timing is everything.

Other than that fun, things are quiet. Work's been odd, don't quite have my head in the game. Less focus than usual, which may explain why I'm writing this at my desk. Part of it is a need to get more integrated in what Campus Life does at Babson; my co-workers teach in the first year experience program, have professional organization roles, etc. So it could be more a matter of delving into things that interest me, and there are a couple things that look promising.

Watched Quills last night, which was a decent movie if not just a little screwed up. I know, a movie about the Marquis de Sade is screwed up? Go figure! Didn't know Michael Caine was in it, so between that and The Cider House Rules he's been in some quality stuff. Which means he's due to be in Rocky X or Jaws 2002: Electric Boogaloo or something.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...