24 July 2002

I had a law professor who used to say that the truth of a case lies in the footnotes. There's the old saying that the devil is in the details. And, of course, there's the old White Cloud toilet paper commercial that reminded us all that "little things mean a lot."

All of these things are crossing my mind as, with the installation of new computers in my office, I discover that perhaps the smallest change is causing the most problems.

My mouse doesn't have one of those scroll wheels on it.

How much am I missing it? The first thing I did when I grabbed the mouse to read the Globe this morning was try to find the wheel to scroll down.

I'll readjust to not having one, just as I have to adjust from PC to Mac (and vice versa) commands on an almost daily basis. It's just going to stink for a while as I paw at the top of my mouse to no avail.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...