09 July 2002

I suppose I should say something about Ted Williams, but if you read Couture's blog (or journal or diary or precious memory book or whatever the hell he wants to call it) he's pretty much said what I'm thinking.

My current problem is that the whole cryo thing has me thinking about a book I read in something like 3rd or 4th grade and I can't remember the title. Quick synopsis: boy growing up in some sort of dystopic version of California (OK, a different dystopic version of California) stumbles across a doctor who perfected suspended animation using noble gases or some crap like that, foils the fascist lite power structure, and gets everyone he loves to the buried passenger train that the doc has fitted out. They all breathe deep and wake up in the future, ready to start anew.

Not childhood classic by any means (more of a hint about my leanings towards alternative historical fiction). More apt as the sort of stuff that Scholastic Books pushed on us before their recent campaign to turn kids into devil worshipers.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...