09 July 2002

Songs That I Like But Shouldn't, Part 1

Days Go By by Dirty Vegas - it's a dance/techno song popularized by a car commercial. All the things that, together, should make me turn the dial in agony the second this song cues up. But instead I listen to the whole thing. Why?

It's the video. Your classic "boy has girl, boy loses girl, years later man breakdances to win girl back" story. I must have a weakness for kickin' it old school.

Can't Get You Out of My Head by Kylie Minogue - Perhaps the most apropos song title of the last decade. The song is annoying as all get out, but it infects your brain and forces you to listen- even after the song's been over for 20 minutes.

Thankfully, it's not on that much anymore.

Hot in Herre by Nelly - I'm not a fan of hip-hop, and the title misspelling is just dumb. But when you have an opening line like "Good gracious, ass is bodacious," it's hard not to stick with it. The best use of a thesaurus since Madonna went on about the bourgeois in that horrid little song of hers.


No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...