09 September 2002

OK, I just saw Todd Peterson shank a 39 yard FG attempt to keep the Pats-Steelers game tied at 7. Just the latest offense in what has not been a very pretty game.

I'm impressed at Pittsburg's resiliency given Kordell's horrific start. I suppose I should have expected that, but that sort of opening is hard to shake. I suppose if the Pats had gone up 14-0 on the two picks that may have happened.

Otherwise, this is kind of a painful game to watch. Lots of penalties, which you'd expect in an opening game, but not one featuring last year's AFC title game participants. No real moments of beauty, though the Pittsburg TD drive showed solid execution. Brady's TD pass to Fauria was well done, too.

Still, I'd have expected better. The Cowboys-Texans game was better paced that this thing.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...