04 September 2002

You've probably seen by now that Sarah Michelle Gellar married Freddie Prinze, Jr. over the weekend. Kind of a sad note for me as, I have to admit, I had a little thing for Ms. Gellar (or is it Mrs. Prinze? Mrs. Gellar-Prinze?) at one time. This was part of a time where I'd also claimed that I wanted to marry Jennifer Lopez (a claim made after seeing Out of Sight and before she started up with Puffy and the singing) and had an "I feel dirty" sort of thing with Katie Holmes (given her age and high school vibe from Dawson's Creek).

For those of you for which all this is news please note that I didn't stalk, send letters, hunt for email or other addresses or post obsessively in chat rooms. I did hang out in the Usnet group for the Buffy TV show for a while, but that was really more interest based than personality based (and God knows there were plenty of obsessive types there already).

The nuptuals are also a little sad given that the new Mr. Gellar (or is that Mr. Prinze-Gellar?) is such a hack. Summer Catch? Down to You? Head Over Heels? The only screen credit he has that doesn't scream mediocrity is The House of Yes. I've not seen Scooby Doo to judge there, but from what I've heard and read Prinze was a very bland Fred. Which may actually mean he was spot on, given that Fred seemed to be along because he had the keys to the Mystery Machine.

I suppose I shouldn't begrudge him his niche, though.

Anyway, mazel tov to the newlyweds.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...