06 October 2002

As some of you may know, Julia Roberts was in town this week filming part of her upcoming movie Mona Lisa Smiles at Wellesley College. And, imagine my surprise at being involved in a brush with greatness this very same week.

Just not with her. Or Kristen Dunst. Or anyone else involved with the movie.

This morning, while waiting to be seated at Vidalia's Truck Stop, a little diner-themed place in Wellesley center, I noticed a man standing in half-profile not more than 3 feet away. I thought to myself, "hey, that guy kind of looks like Peter Gammons."

Then the guy started to talk to one of the kids working behind the counter. It was, indeed, Peter Gammons.

I didn't say anything to him, as he was talking to people and I didn't want to interrupt. Plus, what would I have said? "Hi, Mr. Gammons. Like your work."? That's not much of a compliment, and I'm not a big enough fan to gush.

I know some of you out there would have been better equipped to handle the situation, so apologies for not being able to pinch hit for you.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...