31 October 2005

So we're heading towards the final hour of Halloween here, and all I have to say is whoop de frickin' doo.

While the idea of free candy and very low-scale hooliganism appealed for some time, I've never really cottoned to the idea of Halloween as an adult holiday. This gets some testing living as close as I do to Salem, but the worst I got this year was being stuck in Salem traffic over the weekend (compounded by the snow we got, which is a whole 'nother topic).

It also got some testing today as we were allowed to wear costumes to work. I did not. I've never been really happy with how I turn out when it comes to costumes (the end result usually doesn't match my expectations), and I can't say I was motivated to come up with something. So I dressed as normal and said I was a guy from Salem rather than from Beverly. Such is what passes for wit from me these days.

I suppose I don't begrudge anyone their fun on Halloween, as long as I can opt out and spend the time as I see fit, only punctuated by the very occasional trick-or-treater. Now that's a neat trick that's a treat for me.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...