06 July 2006

I was thinking about recapping the holiday weekend, but before writing anything went back to see what I'd written about July 4ths past. Turns out that, with the exception of last year's trip to New Jersey, my Independence Day was more like Bill Murray's Groundhog Day. Parade in my hometown, cookout at my sister's. All I need is "I've Got You Babe" on the alarm clock.

This year was no exception. And, really, I could re-post my 2002 entry pretty much verbatim. It wasn't as hot, and the parade had some minor changes, but by and large I spent America's 230th birthday doing the same thing I did when she turned 226, 227, and 228.

Like last year, though, we did get to go to a wedding over the weekend, this one for the couple whose engagement I learned of the previous July 4. The wife got to sit this one out, but I made the cut and was in the wedding party. No sari (or whatever the male equivalent is), but rather a tux with lilac vest and bow tie. I felt a little bit like Oscar Wilde. That aside, it was a festive and joyous occasion!

Not much else to add, other than I could get used to this three day work week.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...