23 April 2003

Tonight's American Idol recap is dedicated to the U.S. Marine Corps, who have proven that they can outlast both the Republican Guard and Carmen Rasmussen.

I must say that I've rarely been so happy to be wrong. I'd pegged Josh as tonight's victim, and he did wind up in the bottom three (with Carmen and Trenyce, as predicted). But, finally, common sense prevailed and a young woman almost singularly unsuited for the job of pop singer was shown the door. But not before she got to sing us out with a reprise of "Love Will Lead You Back" which I imagine to some sounded like a promise of a future return in singing form. From my viewpoint, it's a threat, and a public one at that.

We also got a group sing from the kids of a Diane Warren original penned just for them, I think called "Shine," about how people are going to pick on them but they'll still shine like stars. Or some crap like that.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...