03 November 2003

I have to vent regarding fantasy football for a second. It's week 9, I've started four different QBs.

Donovan McNabb started for several weeks, but only succeeded in getting Rush Limbaugh fired. Sadly, I didn't get any points for that.

After a few weeks of ineffectiveness I tried Kyle Boller, but was apparently a few weeks ahead of the curve. I dropped him and started Jake Delhomme, who wasn't much better.

I thought I had something trading for Rich Gannon, but his torn labrum relegated this to the "seemed like a good idea at the time" pile. I then let myself get caught up in my annual fantasy football cutsiness and started Marques Tuiasosopo, who then went out and injured his knee. Really, I should threaten the Raiders with picking up Rick Mirer this week. Then again, they may not care. Have they gotten Vince Evans out of cryostasis?

All of this is compounded by McNabb finally having a good week, scoring 10.34 points to Tui's -0.65. I have a 9 point lead going into tonight, and thus have to hope that Rod Smith and Adam Vinatieri have off nights. I am rooting for a 8-3 Pats win.

(I could also complain about Yahoo! marking Eric Barton as questionable and then having him score twice as many points as Joey Porter. I won't even go there with Anthony Thomas and his 2 TDs, as I probably wouldn't have played him even if he wasn't also marked questionable.)

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...