02 July 2004

If you've not seen Dodgeball yet, you are hereby ordered to go see it. I'll agree with the comments made by others, it's much funnier than you'd think. It's also got some good cameos and other unexpected bits. I'll also say that I now want to work for either "The Ocho" or Obscure Sports Quarterly.

As for previews:

Without A Paddle, some sort of buddy/adventure movie with Seth Green, Matthew Lillard, and a guy I've never heard of before. Pass.

Seed of Chucky, a movie that I hope cost someone their job.

Alien v. Predator, no thanks, though fans of the original films, the game, or CGI geeks will probably like it.

I, Robot, which I bet has more vehicle chases than Isaac Asimov put in the book.

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, which gets props for using White Castle. I'm clearly in the wrong demographic for this movie.

While in line to get a soda one of the TVs had a preview for an Anaconda sequel (Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid), which seems like the definition of strinking while the iron is stone cold and stored in the closet. It's probably from the folks who brought us Analyze That and that sequel to The Mask that keeps getting bumped back (release now slated for February '05).

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...