11 July 2004

OK, time to solicit some help from the public, though Boggie may be the one person Mac savvy enough to help.

I've got things set up such that I should be able to record my tapes to make MP3 files. I have the line in from the stereo to the iMic, which is connected to the computer via USB. According to the sound control panel, there is a signal going into the computer; the meter moves up and down as I turn the volume up or down.

The problem is that the signal never gets to the recording program, either the one that came with the iMic or iMovie, which can record sound. I also don't get music through the output jack in the iMic, though I do get computer sounds.

The iMic does show up as an input and output device, and it shows up in the system window the iMic people tell me to check to make sure it's being read. So I'm a little confused as to what the problem is. Suggestions are more than welcome.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...