13 October 2004

I have this habit when watching sports that I'll flip away if the team I'm rooting for gets behind by a significant amount. I go back and check, and if a comeback is being mounted I'll stay away even more so as to not upset the karma.

That being said, I watched very little of last night's ALCS game 1 after the fifth inning. I was happy to see the Sox battle back, as I was already thinking of the various media types who would have pronounced the Sox DOA if the final had been 8-0 or some such.

That also being said, Curt Schilling should be back in Boston NOW to get treatment on his ankle. Cortisone, massage, hyperbaric chamber, whatever.

In other news, remember that WTC commemorative coin that was supposedly minted with silver recovered from Ground Zero? Turns out it's pretty much a fraud; the coin is silver-plated rather than solid silver (though I suppose there was microscopic print in the ad noting that) and the origin of that silver is very much in question. The New York AG is working to block the further sale of the coins. Kind of nice when law and ethics actually are on the same side.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...