21 October 2004

If anyone can convince me that brining Pedro into tonight's ALCS game 7 was a good idea, I'll eat my hat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm tickled to death that the Sox will be in the World Series. I just worry that a similarly boneheaded move will cost us later on.

Speaking of later on, tomorrow's NLCS game should be interesting. If things hold to form the Cards will win (rematching us from 1946 and 1967), but if the Astros take it... well, Clemens probably wouldn't pitch until they return to Houston. Bagwell would be back (as would, I think, Adam Everett), but that's not as big a story.

Not sure who I'm rooting for there.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I'd bet getting tickled to death would not be fun. Suffocation is bad enough, but adding in the uncontrollable laughter makes the whole thing a bit creepy, no?

And incidentally: "eat my hat"? "tickled to death"? Who are you, my great-aunt Bethel?

Craig Barker said...

I mean, on some level, it had to be done, to exorcise the demons of Little.

What am I saying. The move made little if any sense and I not second guessing, I am first guessing it.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...