01 April 2005

Thing #2 That I've Done That You Likely Have Not

Waited bascially a lifetime between taking the driver's test to get a driver's license.

Took it the first time when I was 17, and the second time when I was 34. I won't rehash the details here; interested parties can check the archives for the summer and early fall of 2004 for more.

I will say that I have found, in the six months or so that I've been driving, that I do enjoy it. I still don't understand the impulse that leads people to drive to work if they have a useful public transit option. Though the vagaries of the T (especially the Green Line) can lead to very similar irritation as rush hour traffic.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I got licensed at the normal age (16) but almost never drove until I was 33. (Also a long story.) I made up for lost time during my last few years in Massachusetts and my 13 years in Michigan, but am finding myself getting sick of driving again.

When you get bored and jaded with driving, try it on the left side of the road. (Only in places where it's legal, of course!)

-- La 'Pede

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...