03 April 2005

Thing #3 That I've Done That You Probably Haven't

Sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" duing a blackout at Fenway Park.

OK, there is one person who reads this semi-regularly who did this (hi Paul!).

I think I've mentioned this, but if not here's the skinny: it was a 1991 game against the White Sox, transformer blew in Kenmore Square. While we were waiting for the lights to come back on, Sox PA guy Sherm Feller leads us in song. Or sings the first verse with us, leaving the rest of us to finish while he gets another Scotch.

The Sox would lose in extra innings, but it was a great game all 'round.

1 comment:

Paul Crowley said...

While I was "there", I may have you beat. Have you ever sung "Take me out to the ball game" during the 14th inning stretch of a 0-0 ball game in the rain in April, as one of no more than 50 fans left in the bleachers one of whom was your future wife you had never met. Final in 15, CWS 1 BOS 0, and the rest is history.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...