12 April 2005

Thing #7 6 That I've Done That You Likely Haven't

Organize a prediction game for an upcoming Papal election.

To play, you just need to email me with your responses to the following four questions:

1. Who will be elected Pope? While it's possible that the new Pope will come from outside this group, it's most likely that he'll be selected from the voting membership of the College of Cardinals. For those of you looking for more guidance, you could peruse this list of favorites. Or this one. There's also this article that details some dark horse candidates.

2. What day will the new Pope be elected? Note that the conclave will start on Monday, April 18.

3. On what ballot will the new Pope be elected? If what I've read is correct, there will be one vote on the first day of the conclave, with four votes per day after that.

4. What name will the new Pope take? For a look at the past 264 names, check this list here.

Scoring: each question is worth 25 points. For questions 2 and 3, you will lose 5 points for each day or ballot off you are. For example, if you said the new Pope would get elected on the 100th ballot, and he actually got elected on the 98th ballot, you'd get 15 points.

For question four, you'll get 10 points if you get the name or the number, but not both. You'll also get mocked if you pick the name but have the wrong number; I did post a link to that list, after all.

Entries are due by 11:59 pm on Sunday, April 17. No money, of course; this is already borderline on speeding my way on the Hell Express.

3 comments:

Greg said...

What, thing #6 is 'There is no Thing #6?"

Anonymous said...

Thing #8 Mark has done that you probably haven't: Forget #6 on a list of 6 (or so) things.

Chris

Mark said...

I promised mocking, so here we go.

I can't count! I can't count! I can't count! Good going, jackass!

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...