08 October 2009

Book Log 2009 #38: 7 Deadly Scenarios by Andrew Krepinevich

Pakistan - and its nuclear weapons - is swept into chaos by Islamic militants. A cvberattack leaves the US military unable to communicate or coordinate. China decides its time to bring Taiwan back into the fold. These are but three of the seven scenarios presented in this book, each of which helps to lead the reader into considering potential US vulnerabilities and what can be done now to prevent future catastrophe.

I'll admit I didn't read all seven scenarios. I found myself getting just that little more depressed after each one, and had to force my way through the five I did read. Still, at set-alone chapters each scenario is well worth reading. Many of the scenarios are timely (not surprisingly), and they do help pull some of our current events into sharper focus. Certainly worth a look, just not all at once.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...