28 March 2003

I wound up only catching the last period of BU-Harvard, which was pretty much all I needed to see. The BU explosion for three goals reminded me of their latter stage dominance in the third game of the Hockey East quarters against Providence. The way they let Harvard push them around after the Crimson scored to make it 6-4 reminded me of most games this season. I don't know if it's a lack of physicality or complacency or over-reliance on Sean Fields' acrobatics that's the problem. It could be all three things.

This game did expose the weakest part of the BU game plan: the empty net. We suck at getting empty net goals, and we had some beautiful chances today.

UNH-St. Cloud is kind of dull. I missed each team's first goal while flipping around. Outside of the obvious reasons, I really would like to see St. Cloud win just so we can play someone different. A fifth game against UNH? Thanks NCAA!

The UNH game is on New Hampshire public television, which could be the best use of PBS time since I don't know when. At least it gets the pledge drive off the air. It also helps that the station is HQed at the school.

This is the one time of year I miss having the dish. I'll get to see all the regional finals, but would like to see more of the first round. The dish also allows for redundancy in case, say, a four OT game gets bumped for your lousy local NBA team.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...