31 March 2003

It's snowing. It's not really sticking, but it's still snowing. So much for that "out like a lamb" crap Mother Nature keeps trying to feed us.

I'd care more about my NCAA hoops bracket being crap if I followed the sport more closely. That I have a bracket with a team that's still alive and picked to win it all (Texas) is a minor miracle unto itself. It does not help that even if the Longhorns take the title, I probably won't have the points to catch the current front runner, who picked his teams from somewhere on or under a major body of water.

And, as usual, I'm doing very well in the no money, pride-only NCAA men's d1 ice hockey pool. Got 11 of the 12 games right (picked BU to upend UNH, which is funny because when I was watching the game I thought I'd picked UNH). For what it's worth I have the Big Red of Cornell taking their first title in ages, though their OT tilt with BC has shaken my confidence a bit.

Watched most of the games from out west, but found it difficult given what, to me, seems like the unfair advantage that teams get from playing a regional on their home ice. I know, there's no guarantee Michigan and Minnesota would play at home, but there's something discomforting about it anyway. The viewing experience wasn't helped by the broadcast teams, who appeared to be the home broadcast duos for Michigan and Minnesota. Not as bad as embedded journalists who call the military formation their with "we," but still hard to take at times.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...