25 March 2003

Sorry to have not talked to you much of late, but between running a tournament on Saturday, going to some bridal thing on Sunday, and work the other days, it's been busy. And to top things off, today I get to spend all day in a "Managing Professional Growth" seminar that I didn't even sign up for. Have to love development opportunities that are thrust upon one without discussion.

In any case, I'll quickly note that I'm sucking wind in my men's NCAA hoops pools, doing reasonably well in the women's one, came in second in my Yahoo! Oscar pool (by 10 points!) and still need to set things up for Diamond Daily and Baseball Challenge over on ESPN.com. I missed the tail end of my baseball suck league draft due to work last night, but I'm sure my team will blow in the proper ways.

I was going to invite people to join a pool based on the division 1 NCAA men's ice hockey tournament, but Craig has already put out a call, so we might as well join forces. No money, just honor. You can find the brackets here, and you can find Craig on the list to the left of here.

Some quick Oscar comments:

* Michael Moore: to be expected, and not particularly well-done on his part. His best line, about the trouble you get in when opposed by the Pope and the Dixie Chicks, was washed out by the play-over music.

* Adrien Brody: apparently knows how to kiss. Halle Berry seemed winded. Wonder if her hubby wanted some of that action?

* Luise Rainer: is still alive?!?!?!

* Steve Martin: funny. Prefer his dry humor to Billy's schtick or Whoopi's not particularly humorous over-the-topness.

* Chicago: still haven't seen it. Suppose I will one of these days.

* The Pianist: still haven't seen it. I assume it'll play here in the 'burbs now that it won stuff.

* Gil Cates: the show is still too long!

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...