22 July 2003

The part of Massachusetts where I grew up now has something in common with Los Angeles. In the words of Lewis Black, the earth done quaketh.

As the article suggests, it's not the first time. Besides the larger quake mentioned in the article, I did notice our radiators swaying during a smaller tremor. Not completely sure when; a Lexis-Nexis search suggests April 4, 1981, which seems right from an age perspective. There's also a January 19, 1982 quake epicentered in New Hampshire that could be right (and is probably more likely, given the strength and reported areas that could feel it).

This new one is pretty much the closest epicenter to my house in my lifetime, though. Perhaps it'll drive property values down so Sarah and I can finally afford to buy up there.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...