08 July 2003

With under 24 hours to go in the last player balloting for the All-Star team rosters over on the MLB website, I would humbly ask that you cast votes for Jason Varitek in the AL and Orlando Cabrera in the NL.

Varitek, I admit, is a home-centered interest, though I do think he's had a good enough season to qualify regardless (oddly enough, I've had him and Ramon Hernandez, the A's catcher who was voted onto the team by players, as my roto league catchers for most of the season).

As for Cabrera, I just like the idea of having as many Expos on the team as possible in a continuing "up yours" to Bud Selig's contraction plan. It would also keep the Brewers' Geoff Jenkins off the team, which is a nice bonus.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...