23 July 2003

The Student Affairs Sox were well on their way to victory over the faculty yesterday in Babson's "Summer of Fun" softball "league," holding a 10-1 lead in the third inning when the skies opened up for the third and heaviest time. We even got bolts of lightning (some actually hit on or near our graduate housing).

Except for the gale force winds, it was very much like the bishop's final round of golf in Caddyshack. I even used the "I don't think the heavy stuff's going to come down for a while yet" line, but to no avail.

I pitched one scoreless inning before being lifted for the director of our chapel and spiritual programs (he's a minister, how can I argue?). I also made a bit of a bonehead play, as I took a grounder and wheeled to throw to second base - only to throw to our shortstop, who was the first person I saw. Oops. He relayed to second in time, but the faculty whined to the point that we let their safe call stand. They eventually stranded him at third. Ha!

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...