13 August 2005

Looking at this week, I will have made dinner at home exactly once.

Sunday: Subway
Monday: The Continental
Tuesday: The Elephant & Castle, a mock-British pub in the Financial District. They serve what I'd call "modern English" cuisine (minus the New Wave hair). I had a dish where roast beef and onions were stuffed in a Yorkshire pudding. Yum. I was there for pub trivia, where my team finished third. We got Sam Adams hats. Woo.
Wednesday: I had to cook. Boo. Turned out fine, considering.
Thursday: Picco on Tremont in the South End. The name is short for Pizza and Ice Cream Company, which sums up their menu pretty well. There are a few non-pizza items, but just a few. No appetizers, either, which was odd. Got their "Alsacian Variation" pizza, a combo of sour cream, bacon, caramelized onions, and gruyere cheese. It was quite tasty. Dessert was gingerbread with whipped cream and fruit topped with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream, which was fantastic.
Friday: The Barking Crab, down on the waterfront. You may remember this as the place that got shut down a few years ago when they managed to have some of their sewer pipes drain into their shellfish tanks. They seem to have corrected the problem and persevered, but just the same I'm glad the fish is already filleted. Had the fish and chips, which was fine.
Saturday: Had plans to go out with family to celebrate a run of birthdays, but they fell through. But we're still fired up to eat out, so we're going on our own. We may continue to eat our way around Route 1 (another reason for our stop at The Continental), but perhaps we'll stay closer to home. Good thing we ate at the Barking Crab yesterday; too damn hot today to eat somewhere that's not air conditioned.

Along these lines, I got free lunch all week as a welcome to Wentworth and as an opportunity to get together with folks from my office and the admissions office, which is in the same division. This was four days of the limited menu at the dining hall (they're renovating) and Friday at Qdoba. Now how did I get suckered into making my own breakfasts?

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...