02 August 2005

Our long national nightmare - OK, my long personal nightmare - is finally over.

I am once again employed in a full-time capacity.

Starting Monday, I'll be an assistant registrar at the Wentworth Institute of Technology, a tech/engineering/design school in Boston next door to Northeastern. The main focus of the job is all things graduation, though I'll have other duties as well, of course.

It was a long wait - a very long wait - but I think it'll be worth it. Though I may sing a different tune once I've gotten into commuting again. Thankfully, it's a pretty easy trip on public transportation, with options of taking the Green or Orange lines on the T, which is better than being beholden to the Green line.

I should give special thanks here to the wife, whose patience and support during the non-working bordered on the superhuman at times.

Interesting note: I'll be starting at Wentworth on the same day as I did at Babson: August 8. That's also my birthday, which makes this all the more... interesting? Unusual? Notable only to me? Do with it what you will.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Glad to hear that things are turning around for you, now we can all look forward to the girtty details of life at Wentworth.

Now, go get yourself a celebratory beer or two, you earned it.

OTC

The Grim Reaper said...

Here, here, Good show, and all that. Congrats on getting off the dole, Mark.

Wentworth Institute of Technology: Home of the 2006 TRASH New England Regional

Chris

Matt said...

Congrats!

Starting a new job on your birthday gets you out of the awkward cake ceremony. I pulled that trick on a project where they were notorious for cake pushing (no get well cakes, but still) and couldn't have been happier.

Matt

Scott Monty said...

Way to go! So, will Helen Thomas kill herself now?

Greg said...

yay! go Leopards! At last Cancel Bowl has a new site. But this probably means no FOGHAT for you.

Brian said...

Congrats and good luck in your new job!

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...