29 November 2007

BLOGALICIOUS COLLEGE FOOTBALL TOP TEN-PLUS

1. Missouri
2. West Virginia

As much as I dislike the BCS, I'll agree with their rating here and hope for the best.

3. Kansas
4. Ohio State

My theory: Kansas lost a virtual road game to the team that's now number 1. Ohio State lost at home to a team that has never been in the top 10. It's probably too much to ask that Kansas jump Ohio State should either of the top two teams lose this week.

5. Hawaii

They win this weekend, they should get to play in a BCS game. Going undefeated should mean something, even with all the strength of schedule talk.

6. Oklahoma
7. Georgia

I've not really seen Georgia play this season, and I have seen Oklahoma play, so I'm going with them here.

8. USC
9. LSU
10. Arizona State

Not much to say here, other than I'm duly unimpressed with the ACC and am giving up on putting either of their finalists in here.

109. The Mid-American Conference

Their championship game features teams that are 7-5 (Central Michigan) and 6-6 (Miami). Bowling Green, at 8-4, is not in the title game thanks to a loss to Miami, even though they apparently played an extra conference game. Remember when there was a little buzz about the MAC?

4 comments:

Greg said...

I'm so thrilled to get my own tag that I won't mention I actually read all of these.

Anonymous said...

Here's a new trivia question: What is the only football team (in modern history) to have the NCAA all divisions record set against it twice? For a bonus, who are the two rushers who did so.

Unknown said...

So much for hoping for the best. Hell of a season.

Mark said...

My guess is Southern Illinois, based on Howard Griffith's 8 rushing TDs against them. I have no idea what the other record would be, though.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...