29 November 2007

We have a consultant working in the office due to a staffing shortage, and she sits in the cubicle right in front of mine. For the most part this isn't an issue; we don't interact more than to say hi, and in fact I'm not even sure of her name (which seems bad, but from past experience the consultants don't get particularly chummy with anyone).

But this morning took an interesting turn, as all of us in the back were serenaded with this album. I'd admit surprise that Hall and Oates had made a Christmas album, but that would indicate I've considered their career since, say, 1990.

And while I'm not as positive about the album as the reviewer, I do think it could have been worse. Still, it wasn't something I was looking to hear, and it leads me to consider what I could play in return. Outside of looping "Christmas in Hollis" or the dogs barking "Jingle Bells" for an hour, I'm open to suggestion.

5 comments:

Scott Monty said...

A few come to mind:
- "Weird" Al's Christmas At Ground Zero
- Kip Addotta's I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus
- Yorgi Yorgensen's I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas

Shall I keep going? ;-)

Mark said...

You appear to be familiar with Dr. Dimento's Christmas album. That might work.

Greg said...

Dominic the Donkey...or anything off the John Waters Christmas album.

Anonymous said...

Billy Idol has a Christmas CD. I saw it at the Best Buy in the Landmark Center last week and almost bought it just for the hell of it.

--Allyson

Anonymous said...

A few suggestions...

"Snoopy's Christmas" by the Royal Guardsmen.

I can think of nothing more grating than Elmo and Patsy's "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer"

If there is an audio tape of that surreal Saturday Night Live Sketch with Nora Dunn and Jan Hooks doing the Christmas stuff at the party, that would be perfect.

I always thought that sketch was kind of like a New Yorker cartoon, did I not "get it", or was there nothing to get. Thoughts are appreciated.

- Phil -

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...