16 November 2007

I'm pretty much unmoved by the Barry Bonds indictment. I tend to feel the one thing he's clearly guilty of is being a jackass, which for better or worse isn't against the law. It'll be interesting to see how the feds put their case together, as given the past leaks you think we'd have heard if they had something new and juicy to use against him.

At the least it means we've seen the last of Bonds as a player - until the lawyers drain him enough so that he has to team up with Jose Canseco for the Long Beach Armada - so it was semi-fitting that A Rod was in the news as well for closing in on a return to the Bronx. I'm less surprised about him going back to the Yanks than I am about Scott Boras getting cut out of the equation. I don't suppose many players have the sort of clout to do that sort of thing, but I'm sure owners will be happy to see this as the start of a trend. I also have no problem with him going back it it means another decade of him being craptastic in the playoffs. That would be just fine, thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Long Beach Armada of Los Angeles of California of the United States of North America Including Barrow, Alaska. One of my favorite team names. But a great team name may not be enough to beat the offer the Washington (Pa.) Wild Things of the Frontier League made to Bonds: a base salary with varioua performance incentives, a single king-sized room when the team is on road, 50% of all net proceeds of individual Barry Bonds/Wild Things merchandise, and, if necessary, a host family. I'd take it if I were him.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...