05 March 2008

40 Days, 40 Churches

Day 29: St. Joachim Church, Rockport MA

You may remember back on Day 3 that there was a church I was going to talk about at another time. Or you may not; you'd be excused, it does seem like this has been going on for months. At any rate, St. Joachim is now part of the Holy Family Parish, but previously it was the church that my family in Rockport frequented. I think at least one of my siblings was baptized here, but I could be mistaken.

I only recall being there once, for my grandmother's funeral. As you might imagine from the pictures, it looks much more like the typical Protestant white village church we have in spades up here, and the same is true for the inside. I wasn't paying much attention to these sorts of things at the time, but I do retroactively appreciate the simplicity.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...