12 March 2008

40 Days, 40 Churches

Day 36: King's Chapel, Boston MA

A stop on the Freedom Trail, King's Chapel may best be know for its burying yard, Boston's original cemetery. It has fewer famous burials than Granary, which is across the street, but does have some of our earliest colonial residents, including our first governor.

I have never been in the church, though I've been by it hundreds of times. Really, I chose it for today to keep up the streak of chapels. Every time I see it I wonder what happened to the rest of its steeple, but given the lack of discussion in any history I've come across I'm assuming it never had a full steeple. Probably the Puritans' fault.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...