12 March 2008

Beware the Ides of March, indeed - I got a summons for jury duty in the mail yesterday. It's a federal court summons, which I've not gotten before. Apparently, I have to be available during a three week window in May, during which time I have to call in the Friday before each week to see when and if I have to appear.

Problem being that the first week of this window ends with our spring commencement. Which, for an assistant registrar for graduation, is kind of a busy time. So I'm hoping to defer things by a week. I won't know if it's been approved until a week or so before the window starts, which is unfortunate but it does give me some time to set up contingencies should I not get a deferral and actually have to report that week.

Looking on the positive, I've never been to the new federal courthouse, so that'll be interesting. It's also close to where the wife works, so we could have lunch at the Barking Crab or Daily Catch. I think my per diem would just about cover it.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...