13 March 2008

40 Days, 40 Churches

Day 37: St. Therese Carmelite Chapel, Peabody MA

If you were ever at the mall and thought, "hey, I could use a quick sacrament," then this chapel is for you. It's been at the Northshore Mall since 1960, and appears to be the first mall-based chapel in the US.

I've never been in, but the wife and I have been in the store on the rare occasion when we needed a religious-themed gift. I tend to enjoy the book area, which veers occasionally into the mystical (you'd be surprised at the number of books out there about uncorrupted corpses of saints). But I might stop in at some point, as I never considered the opportunity for anonymous confession. Not that I have anything really bad to disclose, but I'd like to be able to look our priest in the eye without feeling embarrassed.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...