12 July 2008

Trio Trophy - DAY EIGHTEEN THROUGH DAY TWENTY-ONE RESULTS


Hello all, we were away for a few days and without the Internets. So you get all your results at one go.

From the Turn On bracket:

(1)Sports Night d. (10) The Tick, 5-2

Quote of the Match: SportsNight - This show was doomed well before Paula Marshall. Sorry, but the curse attached in Episode 4, when Ted McGinley first appeared." - JB*

From the South of Sunset bracket:

(1) Police Squad! d. (2) Max Headroom, 7-0

Quote of the Match: "Police Squad! -

Mayor: I don't want any more trouble with you like I had on the cyberside last year.

Drebin: When I see a guy wearing a mask and sunglasses in cyberspace, I shoot the bastard!

Mayor: That was a production of "Headroom in the Server", you moron! You killed 5 avatars! Good ones!

Well, I tried. I am not nearly witty nor do I have enough tech proficiency to make this work, but I tried." - Baron Von Rotten

From the Co-Ed Fever bracket:

(3) The Critic d. (4) The Greatest American Hero, 3-3

Quote of the Match: "Even though it opened the door for the animated flashback/cutaway that Family Guy and American Dad have made their life's blood, and even though Jon Lovitz keeps following us around and reminding us he's no Phil Hartman and even though it means agreeing with Baron... nope can't do it. I'll vote with the show I loved as a kid over the show I enjoyed but never embraced as an adult - GAH." - Grim Reaper

(The MacFarlane references almost bring me back to the side of the pajamas. Almost.)

From the Public Morals bracket:

(1) Twin Peaks d. (14) Sledge Hammer!, 3-3

Quote of the Match: "This would have been a tough one. However, I watch the pilot for Sledgehammer the other day, and it just wasn't that good.

Also, Sherilyn Fenn was on the cover of the first Playboy I ever purchased, so I'll have to go with Twin Peaks." - Pastorerik

(I look forward to you working that bit of personal history into your next sermon.)

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...