08 July 2008

Trio Trophy - Day Nineteen

Your South of Sunset bracket finalists:

(1) Police Squad! v. (2) Max Headroom

How they got here:

Police Squad!
Round 1: defeated Bakersfield PD, 11-0
Round 2: defeated Love, Sidney, 7-0
Round 3: defeated Andy Richter Controls the Universe, 3-1

Max Headroom
Round 1: defeated QED, 8-2
Round 2: defeated Get a Life, 3-0
Round 3: defeated TV Nation, 5-1

Marked for Death: While it's hard to say that there was any one show killer on Police Squad!, Alan North, who played Captain Ed Hocken, went from this show to playing Judge Mort Harris on Love, Sidney, which couldn't have helped its chances. While several of Max Headroom's cast members have had long careers with its share of stumbles, you'd have to give the nod to Ric Ducommun, whose two episodes set him up to take out Ink, The Wayans Bros., Shasta McNasty and Normal, Ohio.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Police Squad!


Mayor: I don't want any more trouble with you like I had on the cyberside last year.

Drebin: When I see a guy wearing a mask and sunglasses in cyberspace, I shoot the bastard!

Mayor: That was a production of "Headroom in the Server", you moron! You killed 5 avatars! Good ones!

Well, I tried. I am not nearly witty nor do I have enough tech proficiency to make this work, but I tried.

- Ze Baron

Anonymous said...

Police Squad!

Anonymous said...

I should have said "deleted" instead of "killed"

Ze Baron

The Grim Reaper said...

Can never vote for a Coke-shilling hack. Police Squad! in a walk.

Greg said...

Police Squad!, but it's actually a tough choice.

Anonymous said...

Police Squad!, since I am a Coca-Cola fan.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...