30 December 2016

Book Log 2016 #44: Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

I don't read a lot of biography or personal essays (no good reason, just tend not to crack the lineup), but had been meaning to read this for a while, and I'm glad that I finally did. Though, oddly, I've not read any of his other collections since reading this one. That might be more about me than anything else.

(Also, the blurbs about this book say the title is inspired by Sedaris's attempts to learn French, but I thought it was more in reference to the story about his speech therapy while growing up in North Carolina, though I suppose the grammar of the title sounds more like someone who is learning a language. God knows I probably said things that translated to that when I took French in junior high.)

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...