24 March 2017

Lentorama 2017: Lenten Observers of Instagram

Day 21: And I guess "All That She Wants" is about Mary getting another crack at motherhood?


Lent 27 – Sign. Literally all I kept thinking about when I saw today’s word was “The Sign” by Ace of Base. And you know what? I’m going to roll with it. I think it works. “I, I got a new life,” is the first line of the song -  seems like a pretty accurate description of Christianity – the hope of a new life in Christ. Ace of Base is talking to an ex in the song…essentially sayin, I’m better off without you. “I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes and I am happy now living without you.” Life is better when surrendered. I learned that the hard way. I'm still learning it and I'll keep learning it. But also, I did "saw the sign." It opened up my eyes…I was blind but now I see. I saw the sign.  Yep. That just happened. I just likened Christianity to Ace of Base’s “The Sign.” I understand if you never take anything I say seriously again. 🤓  #lent #rethinkchurch #sign #aceofbase #amazinggrace
A post shared by Melisa (Goss) Farke (@melisafarke) on



I was going to dig on how bad Ace of Base is, but then I thought of how their music compares to the average contemporary Christian song, and... well, Ace of Base still sucks, even with that low bar for comparison.

(I know, I shouldn't cast aspersions on where people get their inspiration. But Ace of Base?) 

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...