30 March 2017

Lentorama 2017: Lenten Observers of Instagram

Day 26: The three types of #lent posts on Instagram


"Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them" -The Little Prince ___________________________________________________ Self care day 12 &13: Play - (I've been slacking) Pictured is Scout with her best roomie Lilah because when I have to work a lot, Lilah (and her hoomans) keep an eye on Scout. So Scout gets to play while I work all weekend to start saving for a surgery she needs. I work a lot with children, which some say takes patience. However, I've found they they give me more patience than adults and teach me all the new kid related info. They keep me young and I try to keep present and playing.  __________________________________________________ #talkaboutit #tonguesout #goldendoodle #goldendoodlesofinstagram #doodle #doodlesofinstagram #gsd #germanshephard #germanshepherd #germanshepherdsofinstagram #dog #dogsofinsta #puppy #puppiesofinstagram #adventureswithdogs #dogmom #mentalhealth #mentalillness #depression #anxiety #hope #selfcare #lent #play #thelittleprince
A post shared by Scout (@polardoodle_scout) on



It seems like there are three basic types of Instagram posts marked #lent:

1. Food photos
2. Quotes from the Bible or the pope or something which are meant to be meaningful but, devoid of any wider context, feel a little flat.
3. Posts with no obvious connection to Lent, but were posted during Lent so it gets the hashtag.

I'm trying to find the posts that don't fall into those categories, but it's hard. In the meantime, here are some happy dogs. 

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...