27 March 2017

Lentorama 2017: Lenten Observers of Instagram

Day 23: I'll be here all Lent, try the veal... except on Fridays.

A post shared by Catholic Sistas (@catholicsistas) on



The pun here is based on yesterday being Laetare Sunday, the traditional midpoint of Lent where a certain amount of festivity is allowed as a way to encourage the faithful to stick with their Lenten discipline for the rest of the 40 days. I always forget about it until I see the celebrants in rose-colored vestments, which I guess they find festive.

I've also never heard of Lenten resolution, but I suppose it's as good a term as any for whatever you give up during Lent.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...