26 January 2003

Based on a past post, I should be rooting for Tampa Bay today, as I listed them third in my order of rooting interest. But I have to admit I have a strong pull for Oakland, too. That mostly comes from wanting Rich Gannon and Tim Brown to get rings. Especially Gannon, as you have the (a) former journeyman makes good angle, and (b) the chance for the Yankee Conference to represent. I know, it's A-10 football now, but it was the good 'ol YanCon back in Gannon's days with the Fightin' Blue Hens of Delaware.

I also find myself increasingly irritated with the notion that Keyshawn may get a ring. Irrationally so, I'm beginning to think. There are people on both sides whose loathsome qualities cause me to wish that any of the other six teams got in so I could make a clear choice. But given what we're stuck with, I am somehow finding Keyshawn more objectionable than Romanowski and Davis combined. That doesn't seem right.

Perhaps it's just that there's no one on the Bucs roster I really want to get a ring (or not get a ring, for that matter). I'm pretty ambivalent about the Bucs outside of their loudmouth wideout. I may not care for Sapp's chin-wagging, but I can respect his level of play so it all evens out.

Speaking of chin-wagging, that could be part of this, too. For whatever reason, the Bucs have been talking a lot of smack (or at least that's been reported; I've assiduously avoided reading most stories so I wouldn't OD on Gruden Bowl talk). Assuming that's true, it's another mild reason why I'd go with Oakland. I know, I should check on this point. But I won't.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...