20 January 2003

I know people got all shirty in 2000 claiming that they would emigrate from the US if a certain person won the presidency (I'm lookin' at you, Baldwin), but I think there's a much better case to be made related to pop culture.

I don't know if I want to live in a land where the top three movies for the week, any week, are Kangaroo Jack, National Security, and Just Married. I'd be less chagrined if each of these movies didn't rake in over $12 million this week. I'd hoped that the first one wouldn't clear the $17.8 million it pulled in during its entire run.

Perhaps I underestimate the attraction to rapping computer-generated marsupials.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...