12 January 2003

Oh, I also saw two trailers for mid-season TV shows, which was a first for me. Both are ABC programs.

First there's Miracles, which appears to be Mysterious Ways meets The X-Files. Man investigates events that may or may not be miracles in a world that has that vaguely creepy vibe that Mulder and Scully seemed to thrive in. I have no read on this show from the trailer, but am not impressed.

Then there's Dragnet, with Ed O'Neill as Joe Friday and Ethan Embry as Frank Smith. The trailer for this was actually pretty good, allowing anyone familiar with past versions to see where this one would be different. That being said, it's not going to be hugely different, at least not from Friday's perspective. He still seems like a square who's trying to get good to prevail over bad. Embry is younger and more dashing, of course. But he's no Pep Streebeck.

Dick Wolf of Law & Order fame is responsible for this, so for those of you on the west coast, expect to see all of you high-profile crimes from the last decade show up as plot points. I'll probably watch to start. Time slot helps (Sunday at 10), as I quit on The Practice some time ago (too much self-loathing for my taste).

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...